We operate a modern triage system which tries to cater for your needs. We ask all patients who need to book an appointment to go online
or phone the surgery and leave a message with the receptionist with a brief description of what the problem is. We will deal with the information confidentially and inform the doctor. Please note:
- Do you really need to speak to a doctor or can you do things yourself eg common problems you can solve, use online services, order prescriptions online, send secure messages, review what the doctor or nurse has advised before if it is a problem you have had before. There is a lot you can do yourself if you just know what to do.
- Book an appointment online or via your smartphone if you need a blood test or see the nurse for depo-provera injections, immunisations, new patient checks, vitamin B12 injections, hypertension reviews and for smears
- Phone the surgery if you want a doctor to call you back. Please remember to tell the receptionist what the problem is - ideally one problem. The doctors prioritise the calls they make based on clinical need. If you do not provide this information then there may be a delay in when the doctor calls you.
- You can also ask the doctor to call you back before or after a certain time if this helps too. Please note the doctors will otherwise call you at some time during the day - usually in the morning or the afternoon.
- A limited number of appointments can be booked for the future including face to face - please ask the receptionist.
- After the doctor has spoken to you, they may advise you on what to do over the phone, invite you to come and see one of the doctors or book you in with a nurse depending on the clinical need.
- We have also introduced online booking telephone consultations with a doctor, nurse or for a blood test - please sign up for online services
- You can also go online and book appointments via Engage Consult and answer a series of questions ideally the night before between 6:30pm and 8am ready for us to deal with the next working day usually although it may take 2 working days in some cases. We can then respond via email which is very heklpful for those who cannot answer the phone at work or wait for the receptionist to answer the call.