You will learn how to
- Book appointments online with the doctor (where available), nurse, phlebotomist and others
- Order repeat prescriptions (and also learn how to set reminders for when to take medication with Evergreen Life)
- See what your doctor or nurse has written in your electronic health records (Haughton Thornley Medical Centres encourages all patients to be able to do this where it is safe to do so)
- Show how to view your results via graphs to help you monitor your weight or blood test parameters (useful for patients with high blood pressures, raised cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid disorders, kidney disorders and others) using Patient Access.
- Complete a Records Access and Understanding Safety Checklist Questionnaire to help you get started
- You can learn more about the online services here.
If you are not so confident on going online and need more help then this is the course for you!
You will need to:
- Collect your PIN NUMBERS from the receptionist at your surgery before you come on the course.
- Please also bring your email address with you if you have it
- Please bring your smartphone or tablet if you have one too
- Bring along a friend or somebody who can help you if you are unsure.
Don't worry if you do not have a computer or a smartphone / tablet. You can use the computers they have in the centre to access your records with.
The staff will help you to register for online services using your PIN NUMBERS. If you do not have an email address then they will help you get one which you can use. They will also help you to download the free apps - Evergreen Life
and Patient Access
too and set it up so that you can use it.
Friday 27th April 4-5pm
Friday 11th May 4-5pm
Friday 25th May 4-5pm
Friday 22nd June 4-5pm
Friday 29th June 4-5pm
The sessions are for English and Bangla speaking patients.
Please ring 01613683268 to book a 20 minute appointment now!