Many people wonder why bother with social media and wonder where to start to find out more. Here are resources we have gathered to signpost you to learn more easily.
A report for the NHS Confederation produced by communications agency Cogitamus, looked at the use of social media in the public sector, with a specific focus on health organisations. Here is a link to the actual document
- 92% of adults in the UK were recent internet users in 2020, up from 91% in 2019.
- Almost all adults aged 16 to 44 years in the UK were recent internet users (99%), compared with 54% of adults aged 75 years and over.
- While there has been little change in internet use for adults aged 16 to 44 years in recent years, the proportion of those aged 75 years and over who are recent internet users nearly doubled since 2013, from 29%, to 54% in 2020.
- 6.3% of adults in the UK had never used the internet in 2020, down from 7.5% in 2019.
- The number of disabled adults who were recent internet users in 2020 reached almost 11 million, 81% of disabled adults; up from just over 10 million (78% of disabled adults) in 2019.
- London continued to be the UK region with the highest recent internet use (95%) in 2020, while Northern Ireland remained the lowest at 88%.